Finishing summer strong: Ottawa Start shares its checklist of 30 must-do ideas
Glen Gower is the owner and editor of OttawaStart.com, a great friend to Local Tourist Ottawa, and a life-long Ottawa resident. This list appears on his own blog, but we thought it was so great that it needed to be shared here too.
It’s August already. Here’s what you still need to get done before September:
- Go see Mosaika and/or do yoga on Parliament Hill.
- Ride your bike on a parkway during Alcatel Sunday Bikedays.
- Have another beer on another patio.
- Buy fresh food at a local farmers’ market.
- Take a road trip to Almonte or Merrickville or Perth or Wakefield or even Cornwall.
- Listen to some music at an outdoor music festival.
- Go to an electronic music festival.
- Go to a food festival, like garlic or cheese curds or ice cream.
- Watch some theatre in a park from A Company of Fools or Odyssey Theatre.
- Go to the fair.
- Take in a Fat Cats baseball game.
- Go ghost hunting or take a haunted walk.
- Go see Caravaggio at the National Gallery.
- Walk around and admire Ottawa’s street art.
- Explore a cave.
- Eat some french fries from a chip truck.
- Take a photo of a gorgeous sunset.
- Go to a drive-in movie. There’s one in Gatineau and one near Perth.
- Walk through the grounds at Rideau Hall.
- Rent a paddleboat at Dow’s Lake.
- Watch a movie in a park in Centretown.
- Play mini-golf.
- Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island.
- Take a hike in the Greenbelt.
- Go to a water park. Calypso or Mont Cascades.
- See some fireworks at Lac Leamy.
- Go to a beach in the Gatineaus.
- Bike down that really steep hill behind Major’s Hill Park.
- Sit around the campfire.
31. Test drive an expensive car you can’t afford.
32. Invite your neighbours over for a bbq.
Thanks, Glen! Have any ideas still on your summer fun list? Share them with us!