Sunday wrap up! (July 17)
My goodness, is it Sunday already?
Hilary here. I had an awesome time editing Local Tourist Ottawa this week! We had a great variety of posts, all of which showcased the wonderful things this city has to offer. Here’s what we had in store for you this week:
- One of our most dedicated local tourists, Mike Cullen, started the week off on a high note with his post and pictures about his aerial tour of Ottawa with the Rockcliffe Flying Club.
- New local tourist Melissa Dick explained why there are hundreds of people doing yoga on Parliament Hill every Wednesday.
- Joel Eastwood reflected on his Bluesfest experiences and gave us a hilarious look into his highlights of the festival thus far.
- In other Bluesfest-related posts, Melodie Cardin rocked out at The Tragically Hip’s performance last Saturday night.
- Helen Morris took a visit to Harry Nowell’s “Music in Print” photography exhibition and discovered some great photos from a decade-worth of Bluesfest musical acts.
- Chinatown’s best Vietnamese food was uncovered thanks to Ariel Hartman’s pho-crawl across the neighbourhood.
- LTO Ottawa did a Q&A with Lara Wellman, one of the organizers of next weekend’s Social Capital Conference, Ottawa’s very first social media learnathon.
- CKCU-FM host and campus community radio enthusiast, Lenny Wu told us more about CKCU-FM and shared his favourite radio shows with us.
- ByWard Market restaurants Kinki Sushi and Mambo were kind enough to let Hilary Duff (that’s me!) write about their two outdoor patios, all while feeding her lots of delicious food and drink.
Thanks so much to Jessey and Amy for letting me guest edit LT this week! I had a blast and hope they let me try it out again sometime soon. Want to get involved in our project? It’s simple. Drop us a note at email@example.com and tell us what you want to write about. All ideas are welcome!