Sunday wrap up! (March 6)
This week was filled with some great first-person stories about Ottawa. Here is a quick snapshot, in case you missed it:
- Hilary Duff visited Westboro’s Three Bakers & A Bike as a part of her hunt for the best cupcake in Ottawa. She surprised us all with a less-than-great review of the first cupcake she didn’t love!
- Originally from France, new Ottawa resident Noémie tried cheesecake at the ByWard Market’s Memories Restaurant (some great photos in this one!)
- The Globe and Mail published an interesting article about a century-old practice in Ottawa that we hadn’t heard of before: blowing up the Rideau River. A very cool video is embedded in this post.
- Amy Karlin dropped by to talk about her upcoming event: Rouge – The Ultimate Bachelorette Party.
- The very talented Justin Van Leeuwen shared some absolutely stunning photos of Ottawa, encouraging us all to look at our city from a different angle.
- Renée and Conor shared a post about a great night out that featured a taste of Ottawa’s best: Beau’s beer, Bridgehead coffee, and Hintonburger…burgers!
- Former British Columbia resident Kelly-Anne Maddox became a Local Tourist, and shared with us her first thoughts on moving to Ottawa.
Here at Local Tourist Ottawa, we’ve had a steady stream of fantastic people contributing to our project. Would you like to get involved? It is easy, just send us a note!