Sunday wrap up!
Happy Sunday Ottawa!
It has been a busy week for our newest local tourists, so just in case you missed some of their great posts – here is a quick run down:
- David Kawai took some great shots at the city’s annual Help Santa Toy Parade that are definitely worth checking out.
- We welcomed our newest local tourist, Mena G., who told us her story of moving to Ottawa from the UK.
- Mike Cullen took us on a tour of The Comic Book Shoppe – a great little spot at the corner of Bank and Lisgar.
- Ottawa pub quiz regulars Conor Cronin and Jackie Irvine shared some exciting news: local trivia hero George Tsuji made it to the big time – Jeopardy! Conor gave us the play-by-play of George’s first and second Jeopardy appearance, and George came by the blog to tell us about his experience (check the comments).
- Alex Hosselet contacted us with a great idea this past week – he gave us a run down of all of his favourite specialty grocers – Dutch, Chinese, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Indian, Pakistani, Italian…and beyond!
- Further confirming our expectation that Ottawa residents love to talk about (and photograph) food, David Kawai shared a photo story on his favourite place to grab a meat pie: Aladdin Bakery and Convenience (eat for $1.25…ish!)
- Our very own Amy Husser wrote about one of her favourite local reading spots: the Samuel de Champlain look-out.
- And last but not least, we’re excited to welcome Jane Porter back to Ottawa – she has returned after several years in Finland, and we’re looking forward to hearing more from her as she plants her feet (and stuff) back in our city. On Thursday, she invited us all to meet her at Spins and Needles, and on Friday she followed up with a great post on how her night went.
I’d just like to say a huge thanks to our wonderful contributors this week, and we look forward to hearing more from them…and you! If you would like to submit a guest post to LTOttawa, don’t hesitate to send us a note.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!