Help me plan my staycation!
Jessey is a writer, digital communications strategist, and the founder of Local Tourist Ottawa.
As I’m sure you’ve noticed, things have been a bit quiet around here lately – the holidays are a busy time!
But, in the spirit of LTO, I made a decision last night: instead of hopping off to Vermont or catching a last-minute flight south for my vacation between Christmas and New Year’s, I’m planning a staycation.
So, I have some great ideas already…but I need your help. What should I do to make the most of my time off?
Here are a few things on my to do list:
- Drop by the Canadian Museum of Nature to see what’s new. I’ve been aching to see Sea Monsters 3D, because I pretty much love anything that has to do with dinosaurs and/or the ocean.
- Go skiing, possibly at Camp Fortune.
- Eat at Fraser Cafe…I’ve actually never been there!
- Go climbing at Coyote Rock Gym, like in the old days.
- Possibly find some sort of spa experience?
- What about the theatre? I have tickets to NAC’s Oliver! and The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean pre-Christmas…but why have I still never been to the GCTC?
- Go to Absolute Comedy, one of my favourite places for a date night.
If you have any ideas for my staycation, please shoot me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment below.
Let the planning begin!